Poor little Audrey! I took her into the doctor this morning for something else and we ended up getting her kindergarten physical, too (along with immunizations and a tuberculosis test). She's already apprehensive at the doctor because last time she went in with an earache and they ended up flushing out her ear, which was very painful. They couldn't even finish because she was hysterical. So I had to sit her on my lap, wrap my legs around hers and hold her down so the nurse could do the TB test and shots. She was screaming! And she kept yelling, "I hate the doctor!" I felt so bad for the nurse. At least Audrey didn't bite her. My mom told me that when I went in for my kindergarten shots I bit the nurse, so it could have been worse. I originally had her physical set up for a day when Todd could come with me in case we had to hold her down.
What happened to my little girl that didn't even flinch when getting shots or even stitches? I'm just glad that we're done with shots until she's 11, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold her down then.
4 comments:
OH, I hate shots! Sean and I laughed out-loud....11 and having to hold her down....
Oh that is so sad! Poor Audrey! Like you said at least she is done until she's 11.
Camille was like that when we were little. I always had to get my shots before she did. The thing is I hate getting shots too, but if I cried she would be hysterical. My dad would just tell me to "Man Up!" Imagine telling a 5 year old to Man Up that is pretty funny! At least it is over.
We totally sympathize, Elaina hates the doctor.
Post a Comment