Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Uncle Torry




On Thursday, Uncle Torry came to visit. He was in LA from Chicago for a job interview so we met up in Arcadia for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We originally wanted to eat at Mimi's Cafe because of their kids menu, but we did Mapquest and it was wrong---kind of a long story. So we ended up at Cheesecake Factory. We ordered the chicken fingers and fries for Kai (Of which he ate probably 2 pieces of celery and spent the rest of the time mixing the BBQ and ranch dipping sauces) and root beer (which we figured was probably caffeinated since we're not in Utah). Audrey wanted Mac and Cheese and Fries and Sprite. She ate a few fries and refused to even touch her mac and cheese. Wow, how much money did we just waste? Oh well, leftovers..... As we were finishing our dinners, our server asked if we wanted dessert. We told her we would look at the menu. Well, Audrey decided she wanted ice cream and when our server came back, ordered ice cream for herself. Well, the ice cream there is like $5 or $6 for a bowl and we told her that we would buy some ice cream later. I think our server felt bad for her---maybe because of the pouty look on her face, maybe because we were spending $60 on food and eating only about $5 of it---so she brought out a "birthday bowl of ice cream" with whipped cream and sprinkles on top. Audrey was thrilled and so were we (one less tantrum for the day)! The kids loved seeing Uncle Torry and are so excited to see him and Heather and Elaina around Christmas time. Thanks for taking the time to visit us Torry! We had a fun night! (By the way, don't you love Kai's new smile for the camera? Looks like we have lots of closed-eyes pics to look forward to.)

2 comments:

Megan and Sean said...

Oh, he's so handsome! I wish our kids could play together. I wish we could play together! I totally hear ya on the *free* bowl of ice cream, yea!

Elaine Ferguson Ruitman said...

I love the picture of Audrey with Tory I also love Kai's new smile. I cant wait until Christmas!
Grandma Ruitman